Berardi, Santon, Tonali, Cataldi, Brignola: the list of Italian players being tracked by Fiorentina does not stop there. As reported by La Nazione, La Viola are probing numerous options to reinforce the squad:
- Domenico Berardi: good relations with Sassuolo after the Babacar-Falcinelli deal, is a possibility to bring the winger to the club.
- In defense, there is Davide Santon, leaving Inter: the engagement is currently a knot.
- Sandro Tonali appeals to half of Italy but Brescia would like to keep him.
- Danilo Cataldi, for his part, will return to Lazio from his loan at Benevento and will be open a table for a deal.
- Fiorentina also fancies Enrico Brignola from Benevento, which would be the first reserve in attack.
- Furthermore, the future of Marco Sportiello is still to be written. As previously posted, Fiorentina still owes Atalanta money, and in this sense, la Viola looks around at Marco Storari of Milan and Federico Marchetti of Lazio.
Danilo Cataldi started his career with Lazio’s Primavera side before going out on loan to Crotone in the 2013-14 season. He then spent three seasons with Lazio until he was sent out to Genoa on loan last season. This season he was loaned out once again, this time to newly promoted Benevento and even scored a free kick against i biancocelesti. He has 59 appearances for Lazio.
Marchetti, on the other hand has played for a number of team, most notably Torino and Cagliari. Following the departure of Fernando Muslera at the end of the 2010-11 season, Lazio signed the keeper from Cagliari after activating his €5.2 million release clause. He has since made 161 appearances for Lazio but lost his starting job to Thomas Strakosha midway through last season and has not played a game this season.
Have Cataldi and Marchetti’s time with Lazio expired?