The UEFA rankings have been updated after the first Matchday of both the Champions League and Europa League. Looking at the Italian clubs in both competitions:
- Juventus (2-0 victory over Valencia away from home), Napoli (0-0 draw to Red Star Belgrade away from home), Inter (2-1 win over Tottenham at home), and Roma (3-0 loss to Real Madrid away from home) played in the Champions League on Tuesday and Wednesday night;
- Milan (1-0 victory over Dudelange away from home) and Lazio (2-1 victory over Apollon Limassol at home) played in the Europa League on Thursday night.
With 33,000 points, Simone Inzaghi’s biancocelesti have started their climb in the European ranking: they now sit in 40th place after the victory yesterday, ahead of Club Brugge (41st) and behind PSV (39th). Below is the ranking of all the Italian clubs involved in European competitions, with the additions of Fiorentina, Atalanta, Sassuolo, Sampdoria, and Torino.
- 5) Juventus 109,000 (Champions League)
- 14) Roma 68,000 (Champions League)
- 15) Napoli 67,000 (Champions League)
- 37) Fiorentina 39,000
- 40) Lazio 33,000 (Europa League)
- 60) Inter 22,000 (Champions League)
- 83) Milan 14,000 (Europa League)
- 84) Atalanta 13,500
- 92) Sassuolo 13,259
- 93) Sampdoria 13,259
- 94) Torino 13,259