Lazio travel to Verona to take on Chievo Verona this afternoon, with Simone Inzaghi eager to put the side’s 2-0 loss to Cypriot side Apollon Limassol behind them to get back into the winning way.
Match facts courtesy of Opta:
- Chievo lost both games against Lazio last season – they’ve never lost three in a row against the Biancocelesti in the top-flight.
- Lazio have won nine of their 16 previous meetings against Chievo at the Bentegodi (D5 L2).
- Chievo are only the third team that have failed to win in the opening 13 matchdays over the last 10 Serie A campaigns, after Verona in 2015/16 and Benevento in 2017/18.
- If Chievo fail to win, they would equal their longest run without a home win in Serie A (8, also in 2006/07 and in 2008/09).
- Lazio have scored in 14 of their 15 away Serie A games in 2018, netting 28 goals in total.
- Chievo have conceded seven goals from outside the area this season – a league-high.
- Lazio have scored four of their last eight goals in the last 20 minutes of play: these goals have produced four points for the Biancocelesti.
- Ivan Radovanovic is the only Chievo player to have started each of their 13 league games so far this season.
- Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic scored three goals in the two games against Chievo last season.
- Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has been involved in five goals in his last five league appearances at the Bentegodi against Chievo and Hellas Verona, scoring four and assisting one.
Chievo vs Lazio – confirmed line-ups:
Chievo: Sorrentino; Depaoli, Bani, Rossettini, Barba; Obi, Radovanovic, Hetemaj; Birsa, Meggiorini; Pellissier
Lazio: Strakosha; Radu, Acerbi, Wallace; Lulic, Milinkovic-Savic, Badelj, Parolo, Marusic; Correa, Immobile
Live Updates on Chievo vs Lazio
For more reports, exclusive news and features, visit our homepage!