On May 20, 2020, the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) held a Federal Council meeting to discuss several matters pertaining to Italian football; this included both the 2019/20 season and 2020/21 seasons.
After the meeting, the FIGC announced that the 2019/20 Serie A, Serie B, and Serie C seasons must be completed by August 20, 2020; the 2019/20 Serie D season will not resume; the 2019/20 season would be allowed to be extended to August 31, 2020, to ensure the conclusion of the Coppa Italia; there is a desire to play all remaining fixtures in the three divisions; and the 2020/21 Serie A, Serie B, Serie C, and Serie D seasons can start on September 1, 2020.
FIGC President Gabriele Gravina led the meeting; below is the complete list of everyone else who was present.
- Councilors for Lega Serie A: Paolo Dal Pino, Giuseppe Marotta, and Claudio Lotito
- Councilor for Lega Serie B: Mauro Balata
- Councilors for Lega Pro: Sibilia, Acciardi, Baretti, Frascà, Franchi, and Montemurro
- Councilors for Lega Nazionale Dilettanti: Ghirelli, Baumgartner, and Lo Monaco
- Councilors for the Italian Footballers’ Association (AIC): Damiano Tommasi, Umberto Calcagno, Sara Gama, and Gianluca Zambrotta
- Councilors for Italian Football Coaches Association (AIAC): Renzo Ulivieri, Mario Beretta and Giatras
- Councilor for the Italian Referees’ Association (AIA): Marcello Nicchi
- The President of the Youth and School Sectors of the FIGC: Vito Roberto Tisci
- The President of the Technical Sector of the FIGC: Demetrio Albertini
- Director General of the FIGC: Marco Brunelli
- The President the Women’s Football Division of the FIGC: Ludovica Mantovani
- UEFA Vice President: Michele Uva
- UEFA and FIFA Council Member: Evelina Christillin
- European Club Association (ECA) President and UEFA Executive Committee Member: Andrea Agnelli