Bastos: FC Porto Enquire About Lazio Defender

According to Italian Football Reporter Gianluca Di Marzio of Sky Sport, Portuguese Liga NOS side FC Porto have entered the race to sign Lazio central defender Bastos. While Saudi Professional League club Al-Shabab FC were said to have taken the lead (ahead of Turkish Süper Lig teams İstanbul Başakşehir F.K. and Beşiktaş) for the Angolan 29-year-old in recent weeks, the player reportedly declined them as he prefers to remain in Europe, leaving Turkey or Portugal as his two current potential destinations.

Bastos / S.S. Lazio
Bastos / S.S. Lazio

Bastos was signed by the Biancocelesti in the summer of 2016 from Russian Premier League side FC Rostov. Since then, the 29-year-old has made 88 total appearances for the club (62 matches in Serie A, 16 matches in the UEFA Europa League and 10 matches in the Coppa Italia). While the Angola international has had a fair amount of praise throughout his time in Rome, he has definitely had an equal amount of criticism, primarily due to his lack of consistency. As a result – in addition to the fact that he has a contract expiring in the summer of 2021 – Lazio are said to be prepared to part ways with Bastos, with a move away set to occur before October 5, 2020.