The Head Referee for this clash will be Fabio Maresca, the Assistant Referees will be Costanzo and Ranghetti, the Fourth Official will be Pasqua, and the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be Calvarese with the assistance of Di Vuolo.
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between the Biancocelesti and the Nerazzurri.
- Lazio are looking to avoid going winless in seven Serie A TIM matches in a row against Atalanta for the first time since 1992 – they’re currently on a streak of six (D3 L3).
- Atalanta have scored in each of their last four Serie A TIM matches against Lazio on the road (W1 D2 L1), while in the previous six they failed to score five times.
- Both Lazio and Atalanta have averaged 2.3 points per game on home soil in 2020, only Juventus have gained more in Serie A TIM in this period (2.6).
- Under Simone Inzaghi, Lazio have never won the first home seasonal match in Serie A TIM (D2 L2) – with their last win coming back in 2015 against Bologna, under Stefano Pioli.
- Atalanta haven’t won back to back games in Serie A TIM in their last eight matches (W4 D3 L1), after a streak of nine consecutive wins between February and July.
- Since the start of last season Atalanta haven’t lost in 19 of their 20 Serie A TIM matches on the road (W12 D7), the best such record in the competition – their only away defeat in the period was back in December 2019 against Bologna.
- Atalanta (29) and Lazio (28) have gained the most points from losing positions since the start of last season in Serie A TIM.
- Lazio’s Milinkovic-Savic netted his first brace in Serie A TIM against Atalanta in December 2017 – in that match (ended 3-3), Josip Ilicic scored his first brace with Atalanta.
- In 2020, Ciro Immobile scored 10 goals in 10 home Serie A TIM matches, his best scoring average for him in a single calendar year in Serie A TIM.
- Atalanta’s Luis Muriel has scored five goals at Stadio Olimpico in Rome (10 matches): in no other stadium has he netted more in Serie A TIM (excluding home appearances with his teams).