The Head Referee for this clash will be Marco Guida, the Assistant Referees will be Carbone and Longo, the Fourth Official will be Massa, and the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be Irrati with the assistance of Vivenzi.
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between the Biancocelesti and the Nerazzurri.
- Lazio have won two of their last three league matches against Inter (L1), after being winless in their previous five meetings against the Nerazzurri (D1 L4)
- Lazio, under Simone Inzaghi, have not managed to score a single goal against Inter in Serie A TIM during the encounters in the first half of the season – in four previous meetings, they have zero goals scored and seven conceded (D1 L3)
- Since the 2014/15 season, Inter have won four Serie A TIM away games against Lazio (L2); in this period they have only achieved more away wins against Udinese (five)
- The last league draw between Nerazzurri and Biancocelesti at the Olimpico was back in March 2008
- Lazio have lost 50% (seven) of their last 14 Serie A TIM games (W6 D1) and have conceded at least two goals in each of those seven defeats
- Inter have scored nine goals in their opening two games in Serie A TIM this season; the Nerazzurri have never netted more at this stage in the competition – the most they have scored after three games of a Serie A TIM campaign is 13 goals, in 1960/61
- Since the beginning of 2010, Inter have lost 11 Serie A TIM games at the Olimpico, at least four more than they have managed to lose in any other stadium on the road (Ferraris is ranked second, with seven losses)
- Lazio manager Simone Inzaghi has lost three home games against Inter in Serie A TIM, versus no other side has he lost on more occasions against in the competition (three also against Napoli and Juventus)
- Of sides that he has faced at least three times with Lazio in Serie A TIM, Inter are the only ones against which Ciro Immobile has not found the net (excluding penalties) in the Italian top-flight (eight matches).
- Arturo Vidal has been involved in more Serie A TIM goals against Lazio than any other side (six in total – four goals, two assists) – in addition, the Olimpico is the only stadium where the Inter midfielder has scored more than one away goal in the Italian top-flight (a brace in April 2013 against the Biancocelesti).
- Inter striker Romelu Lukaku has played more minutes in Serie A TIM without being involved in a goal against Lazio than versus any other side in the competition (173)