The Head Referee for this clash will be Daniele Orsato, the Assistant Referees will be Meli and Bresmes, the Fourth Official will be Giua, and the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be Massa with the assistance of Alassio.
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between the Blucerchiati and the Biancocelesti.
- Sampdoria have won only one of their last 17 Serie A TIM matches against Lazio (D3 L13), conceding at least two goals in each of their last eight fixtures (27 goals conceded, 3.4 on average)
- Lazio could win five consecutive Serie A TIM matches on the road against Sampdoria for the first time – currently on a streak of four wins in a row
- Sampdoria have lost two of the three matches in the current league season (W1); in the three points for a win era (since 1994/95) only in 2019/20 and in 2004/05 have they lost three of their first four seasonal Serie A TIM games
- The last time Sampdoria have lost four home Serie A TIM matches in a row was back in April 2011 – currently on a streak of three defeats in a row at Ferraris stadium
- Lazio have picked up 20 points in 15 league matches post-lockdown (1.3 on average); in the previous 10 Serie A TIM matches in 2020 the Biancocelesti gained the most points (26, 2.6 on average)
- In the last nine Serie A TIM matches on the road, Lazio have never repeated the same result twice in a row (W4 D1 L4); they won the most recent match against Cagliari
- Lazio have gained the most points from losing positions in 2020 in the Top-5 European Leagues (20)
- Sampdoria are Felipe Caicedo’s favourite target in Serie A TIM; against the Blucerchiati he netted both his first goal in the Italian top-flight (December 2017) and also his first brace (April 2019) – in total he has scored four goals in four matches against them
- Sampdoria are also Ciro Immobile’s favourite target in Serie A TIM (12 goals in 13 matches) but he is disqualified for this match
- Since 2016/17 Lazio have played only 10 league games without Immobile (W4 D3 L3).