On Sunday, November 1, 2020, the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino hosts Torino vs Lazio in Matchday 6 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
The Head Referee for this clash will be Daniele Chiffi, the Assistant Referees will be Tegoni and Pagliardini, the Fourth Official will be Prontera, and the Video Assistant Referee (VAR) will be Massa with the assistance of Alassio.
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between the Granata and the Biancocelesti.
- Torino and Lazio have drawn 41% of their Serie A TIM encounters (54/130), but only one of the last seven has ended in a draw (1-1 in December 2018); the Granata have only drawn more top-flight games against AC Milan (55).
- In the three points for a win era (since 1994/95), Simone Inzaghi is the Lazio manager with the most wins against Torino in Serie A TIM: four in eight games (D2 L2), including the last two.
- Lazio have lost only one of their last six games away from home against Torino in Serie A TIM (W3 D2): back in May 2019 (3-1), thanks to goals scored by Iago Falque, Lukic and De Silvestri.
- Torino are winless in nine Serie A TIM games (D4 L5); their longest run without a victory in the top-flight since January 2008 (11 matches).
- Lazio are one of the three sides yet to score from a set piece in Serie A TIM this season, alongside Genoa and Verona.
- Torino could pick up only one point after their first five Serie A TIM games in a campaign for the first time in their history (should they lose this game).
- No side has lost more points than Torino from leading positions in the top-5 European Leagues this season (eight, level with Lorient).
- Prior to Andrea Belotti, the last Torino player with five goals scored in the first four games in a single Serie A TIM season was Francesco Graziani in 1976/77. The last Torino forward with more goals in the first five matches of a season was Nestor Combin in 1967/68 (six).
- Torino’s Karol Linetty scored his first Serie A TIM goal against Lazio, back in May 2017, in his 32nd appearance in the competition; Lazio are the only side the Polish midfielder has scored against in Serie A TIM without ever beating.
- Since his arrival in Rome in 2016/17, Lazio have won 56% of the Serie A TIM games with Ciro Immobile on the pitch (81/146), without the Italian forward, the percentage drops to 36% (4/11). In this period, he has been involved in 43% of the Biancocelesti’s overall goals in the league (105 goals and 27 assists out of 304).