Lazio is becoming well-known for its remarkable comebacks and fighting until the last minute. Radiosei reports that Lazio is, in fact, Europe’s premier club when it comes to this category since the start of the 2019/20 season. It all started last year when Luis Alberto’s equalizer put the seal on a 1-1 draw against AS Roma. Since then, there have been 14 other matches in which Lazio chased down their opponents to secure a draw or victory.
Bologna-Lazio (2-2) and Lazio-Atalanta (3-3) were, perhaps, two of the most memorable instances of the Biancocelesti making a comeback last year (2019/20). This season (2020/21), Lazio have already made terrific comebacks against the likes of Inter (1-1), Torino (3-4) and Juventus (1-1).
Here is the list of the top ten clubs that have acquired the most points after falling behind in Europe.
- Lazio (Serie A): 33 points
- Atalanta (Serie A): 30 points
- Liverpool (Premier League): 28 points
- Rennes (Ligue 1): 25 points
- Roma (Serie A): 24 points
- Inter (Serie A): 23 points
- Tottenham (Premier League): 22 points
- RB Leipzig (Bundesliga): 22 points
- Manchester United (Premier League): 22 points
- Bologna (Serie A): 22 points
Therefore, five clubs from the Italian Serie A, three clubs from the English Premier League, one club from the German Bundesliga, and one club from the French Ligue 1 make up the list.