On Saturday, December 5, 2020, the Orogel Stadium Dino Manuzzi hosts Spezia vs Lazio in Matchday 10 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in ninth with a record of 4W-2D-3L (14 points) and the Bianconeri sit in fourteenth with a record of 2W-4D-3L (10 points).
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between the Biancocelesti and the Bianconeri.
- The only match between Spezia and Lazio in Serie A TIM, Serie B and the Italian Cup was back in the Coppa Italia in May 1941, with the Biancocelesti winning 5-2 in the quarter-final on the road.
- Lazio lost 0-3 in their most recent match against Sampdoria at Ferraris stadium in October 2020. The Biancocelesti could lose two consecutive away Serie A TIM games against Ligurian sides for the first time since 2014 (both against Genoa).
- Lazio have won 16 of their last 18 Serie A TIM matches against newly-promoted teams; 0-0 against Verona in February 2020 and a defeat 1-2 in July 2020 against Lecce.
- Since October 2020, no team has drawn more Serie A TIM matches than Spezia (four, alongside Juventus).
- Although Spezia are playing their home games in Serie A this season at the Orogel Stadium in Cesena, they are the team that have played the most Serie A TIM matches in this stadium since the beginning of the last decade, without ever winning a single game (four: D2 L2).
- Lazio have conceded 16 goals in the first nine Serie A TIM games for the first time since 1992/93 – in that campaign, they conceded two goals on the MD10 (1-2 v Foggia).
- Spezia are the only side that have never been in a winning position in home matches in Serie A TIM this season. Indeed, the Ligurians have picked up only two points in home matches, better only than Crotone (one).
- On average, Lazio’s opening goal in Serie A TIM this season has come later than any other side in the competition (minute 46); indeed, no team have netted fewer goals than the Biancocelesti during the first half this season (three, alongside Verona).
- M’Bala Nzola has scored three goals from free different situations in Serie A TIM this season (from open play, from a corner and from a penalty); he has netted three of last Spezia’s four goals in the competition.
- Spezia could become the 30th different side that Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has scored against in Serie A TIM. Since his debut in the competition in March 2009, only two players have reached this milestone in the Italian top-flight: Fabio Quagliarella (32) and Rodrigo Palacio (31).