On Saturday, December 12, 2020, the Stadio Olimpico hosts Lazio vs Hellas Verona in Matchday 11 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in seventh with a record of 5W-2D-3L (17 points) and the Gialloblu sit in eighth with a record of 4W-4D-2L (16 points).
Below are the match insights – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Lazio and Hellas Verona.
- Lazio have won six of their last seven games against Verona in Serie A TIM (D1), as many as in the previous 16 matches against them (D6 L4).
- Lazio have won 23 points out of 27 at home against Verona in the three points per win era, having scored 30 goals against them in the process: their best goals-per-game average (3.3) against sides they’ve faced at least three times at home since 1994-95.
- Lazio have conceded 17 goals after the first 10 games in Serie A TIM this season, their worst tally at this stage in the competition since 1992-93 (18).
- Lazio have won only one of their five home games in Serie A TIM this term (D2 L2), their worst tally since 2009-10, when they lost the sixth home match.
- Verona have conceded eight goals after the first 10 games in Serie A TIM this season, as many as in the last campaign, only doing better at this stage back in 1984-85 (4), when they won the title at the end of the season.
- Verona won their last game on the road in Serie A TIM against Atalanta, after a streak of nine draws and five defeats, last winning consecutive away top-flight games in 2014.
- Verona are one of only two teams yet to win a single point from losing positions, while Lazio are yet to lose a single point after taking the lead in Serie A TIM this season.
- Lazio have scored the most goals in injury time in Serie A TIM this term (3), while Verona are yet to score a goal after the 90th minute.
- Lazio forward Ciro Immobile has scored a goal in each of his last five league games; he scored his last hat-trick in Serie A TIM in July against Verona, during a streak of scoring in six games in a row.
- Mattia Zaccagni has scored two goals in his last two games in Serie A TIM, as many as in his previous 51 appearances; the only Verona midfielder to find the net (penalties excluded) in three Serie A TIM matches in a row was Domenico Morfeo back in 2000 (considering only the three points per win era).