On Tuesday, December 15, 2020, the Stadio Ciro Vigorito hosts Benevento vs Lazio in Matchday 12 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in ninth with a record of 5W-2D-4L (17 points) and the Stregoni sit in fifteenth with a record of 3W-2D-6L (11 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Benevento and Lazio.
- Lazio have won both of their Serie A TIM meetings against Benevento, scoring 11 goals: they are the side which has scored the most goals per game on average (5.5) against them in the competition.
- Lazio were the first team to score at least five goals at Benevento in the Serie A TIM (1-5 in October 2017): they have scored more away goals in single away matches in the competition only twice, against Pescara in 2017 and Palermo in 1957 (six goals).
- Benevento drew their last Serie A TIM home game against Juventus: only twice (January and May 2018) have they gone unbeaten in two successive home top-flight games.
- Benevento have only scored twice in their last five league games, failing to find the net in their last two: they last went three in a row without scoring in the Serie A TIM in February 2018.
- Lazio have won 10 of their last 11 Serie A TIM away matches against promoted sides (L1), scoring 29 goals in the process (2.6 per game on average).
- Lazio have gained 17 points so far: only once in their previous 10 Serie A TIM campaigns had they collected fewer at this stage of the competition (15 in 2013/14).
- Lazio have conceded 19 goals so far: in their previous 48 Serie A TIM seasons they have never shipped more after 11 games – they last conceded more in 1960/61 (20).
- Benevento and Lazio have both scored five goals in the first half in Serie A TIM this season, only netting more than Genoa (4); they have conceded 12 in the same period, fewer only than Cagliari (13) and Crotone (15).
- Kamil Glik’s first Serie A TIM goal came against Lazio in October 2012 for Torino – the Benevento’s defender has scored two goals against them, his favourite opponent in the competition level with Genoa.
- Benevento are the side against which Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has been involved in the most goals per minutes played: three goals and three assists in 164 minutes, a goal or assist every 27 minutes on average.