On Wednesday, December 23, 2020, the San Siro hosts AC Milan vs Lazio in Matchday 14 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in eighth with a record of 6W-3D-4L (21 points) and the Rossoneri sit in first with a record of 9W-4D-0L (31 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Milan and Lazio.
- Lazio have lost 66 matches against AC Milan in Serie A TIM (W29 D59); only against Juventus (82) have the Biancocelesti suffered more defeats in the Italian top-flight.
- On the other hand, AC Milan have drawn more Serie A TIM games against Lazio (59) than against any other side.
- AC Milan have scored in their last 16 league games against Lazio, only against Cagliari are the Rossoneri on a longer such streak (21), among current Serie A TIM teams.
- AC Milan are unbeaten in 29 of their last 30 home games against Lazio in Serie A TIM (W18 D11), their only defeat in this period was in their most recent meeting at San Siro (November 2019) – the Biancocelesti have never won two away matches in a row against the Rossoneri in the Italian top-flight.
- AC Milan have earned nine wins and four draws in their first 13 Serie A TIM games this season: no unbeaten side in the opening 13 games of a season have ever finished the campaign outside the top four positions in the history of Serie A TIM (since 1929/30).
- Lazio have picked up 10 points in their last four Serie A TIM away games (3W D1): since the start of November, only AC Milan (2.6) have averaged more points than the Biancocelesti (2.5) away from home in the Italian top-flight.
- AC Milan have scored 2+ goals in each of their last 15 Serie A TIM games and could become only the second team in the history of the Top-5 European leagues to enjoy 16 consecutive games with more than one goal scored in a single calendar year (after 18 of Barcelona in 1948).
- AC Milan have scored the most goals from set-pieces in Serie A TIM this season (10), whilst they’ve also conceded the highest percentage of their goals from such situations in 2020-21 (57%, eight out of 14).
- AC Milan striker Rafael Leão is the youngest player in the Top-5 European leagues to have scored at least three goals in each of the last three seasons, and the only one born after 1/1/1999.
- Since 2017/18 – the season he joined the Rossoneri – AC Milan have only played eight Serie A TIM matches without Frank Kessiè: two wins, two draws and four defeats (25%-win rate without the Ivorian player, whilst their win percentage is 52.5% with him on the pitch).
- Lazio’s Ciro Immobile has scored 12 goals in 13 appearances in all competitions since the start of October: only Lewandowski (19), Haaland (14), Salah and Cristiano Ronaldo (13 each) have netted more among the top-5 European Leagues.