On Sunday, January 3, 2021, the Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris hosts Genoa vs Lazio in Matchday 15 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in eighth with a record of 6W-3D-5L (21 points) and the Rossoblu sit in eighteenth with a record of 2W-4D-8L (10 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Genoa and Lazio.
- After a run of eight wins against Lazio in Serie A TIM between 2011 and 2015, Genoa have only won twice in their last 10 games against the Biancocelesti (D2 L6).
- Genoa have lost two of their last three home league games against Lazio (W1), despite scoring two goals scored in each of those encounters. Previously the Rossoblù remained unbeaten for seven home games in a row (W4 D3).
- Genoa won their last league game after a series of four draws and eight defeats – the Rossoblù have not yet gained points for two straight games in Serie A TIM this season.
- Genoa have failed to win in their last six Serie A TIM home games (D1 L5), with at least two goals conceded in each game – the last time the Rossoblù failed to win seven home games was in 2017 when they reached eight.
- Lazio have conceded 23 goals in their first 14 league games this season, the Biancocelesti haven’t let in as many at this point of the season since 1983/84 (26) – with Inzaghi they never finished a season with a worse average of goals conceded (1.64).
- Lazio lost their last away game in the league and have not recorded two consecutive away defeats in the competition since September 2019.
- Genoa forward Mattia Destro has scored three goals in his last three league games, as many goals as he has scored in the previous 25 appearances.
- Ciro Immobile, who scored five goals in 33 appearances for Genoa in Serie A TIM, scored nine goals against the Rossoblù, only against Sampdoria (12) has he scored more – Luigi Ferraris is the stadium where he has scored more away goals in Serie A TIM (nine).
- Stefan Radu (318) could equal Aldo Puccinelli (319 games with the Biancocelesti in the top-flight) as the player with the most appearances in the history of Lazio in Serie A TIM.