On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, the Stadio Olimpico hosts Lazio vs Fiorentina in Matchday 16 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in ninth with a record of 6W-4D-5L (22 points) and the Viola sit in fourteenth with a record of 3W-6D-6L (15 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Lazio and Fiorentina.
- Fiorentina are the side against which Lazio have won the most Serie A TIM games (54 – D42 L46).
- The last time Fiorentina beat Lazio in Serie A TIM was back in May 2017 (3-2); two draws and four defeats for them since then, (including the last two).
- After wins in 2018 and 2020, Lazio could win three consecutive Serie A TIM home matches against Fiorentina for the first time since 2001 (four).
- Lazio have picked up less than nine Serie A TIM points in their first seven seasonal home games for the first time since 2009/10: they have just eight home points so far, fewer than 10 sides.
- After their 3-0 win against Juventus, Fiorentina could keep clean sheets in two Serie A TIM away matches in a row for the first time since December 2018.
- Fiorentina have failed to score in six Serie A TIM games this season; only Parma (seven) have had more games without scoring – on the other hand, only Inter and AC Milan have had fewer than Lazio (one; 0-3 v Sampdoria).
- Lazio have conceded 63% of their Serie A TIM goals in the first half (15/24), the highest percentage this term.
- Ciro Immobile is the second player in Lazio’s history to have scored 10+ goals in five consecutive Serie A TIM campaigns, after Giuseppe Signori (between 1992/93 and 1996/97).
- Lazio’s Luis Alberto has been involved in seven goals in six Serie A TIM matches against Fiorentina (three goals, four assists) – against no other side has he had more in the competition.
- Fiorentina’s José Callejón has scored more goals against Lazio in Serie A TIM than against any other opponent (six goals, four on the road) – the Olimpico is the stadium in which the Spaniard has scored his joint-most away goals in the competition (level with the Meazza).