On Sunday, January 10, 2021, the Stadio Ennio Tardini hosts Parma vs Lazio in Matchday 17 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in eighth with a record of 7W-4D-5L (25 points) and the Gialloblu sit in eighteenth with a record of 2W-6D-8L (12 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Parma and Lazio.
- Parma have lost their last seven Serie A TIM meetings against Lazio and they could equal their longest losing run against a single opponent in the competition: eight defeats in a row against AS Roma, between 2005 and 2010.
- Lazio have only lost one of their last 11 Serie A TIM away matches against Parma (W5 D5), having won each of the last three with an aggregate score of 5-1.
- Parma have lost eight of their last nine Serie A TIM matches against sides from Lazio (W1), scoring seven goals and conceding 19 in the process.
- Parma have failed to score in their last five Serie A TIM home games: the last non-promoted side to fail to score in more successive Serie A TIM matches at home was Inter in May 1977 (six).
- Lazio have picked up only two points in their last three Serie A TIM away matches (D2 L1) – they last played more away league games in a row without a single win in March 2016 (six draws under Pioli).
- Parma have scored the fewest goals in Serie A TIM this season and for the first time in their Serie A TIM history they have only scored 13 goals in their first 16 matches.
- Lazio have scored six goals in the opening 15 minutes of play in Serie A TIM this season: only AS Roma (eight) have had more.
- This could be Lucas Leiva’s 100th Serie A TIM appearance: the Lazio midfielder could become the fourth player to play 100+ games in Serie A TIM and the Premier League since 2012/13, after Aleksandar Kolarov, Paul Pogba and Roberto Pereyra.
- Lazio striker Ciro Immobile has been involved in five goals (four goals, one assist) in his last five Serie A TIM matches against Parma, including three at the Tardini (two goals, one assist).
- Among the 31 players to have scored 100+ Serie A TIM goals in the three points for a win era, only Christian Vieri (one every 126.9 minutes) has a better minutes per goal ratio than Ciro Immobile (127.2).