On Sunday, January 24, 2021, the Stadio Olimpico hosts Lazio vs Sassuolo in Matchday 19 of the 2020/21 Serie A.
As it stands in the top flight of Italian football, the Biancocelesti sit in seventh with a record of 9W-4D-5L (31 points) and the Neroverdi sit in eighth with a record of 8W-6D-4L (30 points).
Below are the match statistics and facts – provided by Lega Serie A – for the game between Lazio and Sassuolo.
- Sassuolo have lost eight Serie A TIM matches against Lazio (W3 D3): only against Juventus (11), Atalanta and Milan (nine) have the Neroverdi suffered more defeats.
- Both Lazio and Sassuolo have found the net in six of their seven Serie A TIM meetings at Biancocelesti’s home: the only exception was a 2-0 win for Sassuolo in February 2016 – there have been 29 goals scored overall in these matches, 4.1 on average per match.
- Lazio have won each of their last three Serie A TIM games and could enjoy four wins on the bounce for the first time since February 2020.
- Lazio have won three consecutive home games in Serie A TIM for their first time since June 2020, conceding only one goal in this period: as many victories as in their previous 10 home games (D2 L5).
- Sassuolo have picked up 30 points in Serie A TIM so far this season: their record in the first half of a Serie A TIM campaign is 31 points, after the opening 19 games played in 2015/16.
- Sassuolo have lost their last two away league games, having earned five wins and two draws from their previous seven on the road – the last time the Neroverdi suffered three consecutive Serie A TIM defeats on the road was in September 2019.
- Sassuolo have scored 77% of their goals during the second half of games (24/31), the highest percentage in Serie A TIM this season; Lazio however have scored the joint-most goals in the first 15 minutes after half time (level with AC Milan).
- Lazio striker Ciro Immobile has found the net in seven of his nine league games played since the start of December; he is the player who has scored in the most different Serie A TIM matches duirng this period.
- Since they joined Serie A TIM, Sassuolo have earned an average of 1.4 points in the matches with Domenico Berardi on the pitch, compared to 0.9 in the games where he has not played.