Lazio have drawn Olympique de Marseille, Galatasaray and Lokomotiv Moscow in the Europa League 2021/22 Group Stage.
As announced by UEFA on Twitter earlier today, the Biancocelesti will face the French, Turkish and Russian sides in the group stage, following their 6th place finish in Serie A last season.
The Roman club were in Pot 1 alongside fellow Italian side Napoli, as well as other top sides like Lyon, Monaco and Bayer Leverkusen.
Marseille finished 5th in Ligue 1 last campaign, 16 points behind 4th place Lyon. Jorge Sampaoli’s side play an exciting and fluid brand of attacking football, setting up a thrilling encounter against Lazio.
Lokomotiv Moscow finished 3rd in the Russian Premier League last season, one point behind second-placed Spartak Moscow and nine points behind league champions Zenit.
Below are the full dates of each group stage gameday, as well the new knockout round play-off game:
- 16 September: Group Stage, Matchday 1
- 30 September: Group Stage, Matchday 2
- 21 October: Group Stage, Matchday 3
- 4 November: Group Stage, Matchday 4
- 25 November: Group Stage, Matchday 5
- 9 December: Group Stage, Matchday 6
- 17 February: Knockout Round Play-Offs, First Legs
- 24 February: Knockout Round Play-Offs, Second Legs