Lazio take on Roma in the Derby della Capitale at the Stadio Olimpico in Matchday 6 of the 2021/22 Serie A.
Lazio Team News & Expected Starting Lineup
Lazio have a record of 2W-2D-1L (7 points) and sit in 7th place in the top flight of Italian football.
In their recent league match against Torino, they managed to snatch a point in a 1-1 draw. This was thanks to a Ciro Immobile penalty in the final minutes of the game, following a foul on Vedat Muriqi by Koffi Djidji. However, this was a subpar performance from the Biancocelesti, who were dominated by the Granata far too often.
Concerning absences, Mattia Zaccagni is the only player that will be unavailable to Maurizio Sarri for this fixture.
To view Lazio’s expected starting lineup, click here.
Roma Team News & Expected Starting Lineup
Roma have a record of 4W-0D-1L (12 points) and sit in 4th place in the top flight of Italian football.
In their recent league match against Udinese, they did just enough to walk away with a 1-0 victory. Tammy Abraham scored in the later stages of the first half; however, the Giallorossi struggled in this fixture, experiencing fatigue, turning the ball over often, and wasting chances, which almost cost them the result.
Concerning absences, Leonardo Spinazzola (ruptured Achilles tendon), Matias Vina (knee injury), and Lorenzo Pellegrini (suspended) will be unavailable to Jose Mourinho.
To view Roma’s expected starting lineup, click here.
Lazio’s Player to Watch
Pedro, who made the switch from one side of Rome to the other this past summer, will surely want to make his mark in this fixture. After making 40 appearances for the Giallorossi over the 2020/21 campaign, he was not even considered by Mourinho in preseason, and so Lazio struck a deal to reunite him with Sarri. Thus far, the 34-year-old has fit right in, being one of the club’s best performers. He has appeared in all six fixtures so far, looking lively and knowledgeable. While he is yet to score a goal for the Biancocelesti, there would be no better time to open his account.
Roma’s Player to Watch
Tammy Abraham will be making his Derby della Capitale debut in this fixture. The striker, who was signed for €40 million from Chelsea, has had an excellent start to life in Rome. He has started all five Serie A matches, scoring two goals and providing two assists, and will be looking to his tally against Lazio.
Statistics & Facts
- This will be the 155th Derby della Capitale in Serie A: Roma lead with 55 wins, compared to 39 victories for Lazio.
- Lazio are unbeaten in the last four home Serie A derbies (2W-2D-0L): only twice before in the top-flight of Italian football have they avoided defeat in five consecutive home matches (in 1947 and 2000).
- While Roma won the last derby with a 2-0 victory (May 2021), they have not kept clean sheets in consecutive wins against Lazio since the 2010/11 season (2-0 in both games).
- Lazio are unbeaten in their last 15 Serie A home games (13W-2D-0L) and could draw three league matches in a row for the first time since December 2018 (four).
- Roma have kept a clean sheet in only one of their last nine away league games, conceding at least twice in each of the other eight (1W-2D-6L).
While Sarri’s style of football is still taking shape with Lazio, Mourinho’s Roma have been off to a flying start this campaign. Expect this fixture to be an entertaining fixture despite each club’s respective form, with so much history between them.
- Lazio 2-2 Roma