Lazio take on Bologna at the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara in Matchday 7 of the 2021/22 Serie A.
Bologna Team News & Expected Starting Lineup
Bologna have a record of 2W-2D-2L (8 points) and sit in 11th place in the top flight of Italian football.
In their recent league match against Empoli, they were defeated 4-2. They had a painful and unlucky performance, going down in the first minute of the match, missing a penalty, ad hitting the crossbar. They were never able to take the lead, and the Azzurri made their chances count to put the game out of reach.
Concerning absences, Kingsley Michael, Jerdy Schouten, and Mitchell Dijks will be unavailable to Sinisa Mihajlovic.
To view Bologna’s expected starting lineup, click here.
Lazio Team News & Expected Starting Lineup
Lazio have a record of 3W-2D-1L (11 points) and sit in 6th place in the top flight of Italian football.
In their recent league match against Roma, they got the better of the Giallorossi in a 3-2 victory in the Derby della Capitale thanks to goals from Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, and Felipe Anderson.
To view Lazio’s expected starting lineup, click here.
Bologna’s Player to Watch
Marko Arnautovic, who joined Bologna this past summer, will lead the lines against Lazio. The Austrian striker has started every one of the Rossoblu’s matches thus far, managing to find the net four times while also providing an assist. In addition, the 32-year-old has made the second-most touches in the opposition 18-yard box in Serie A so far (37).
Lazio’s Player to Watch
Felipe Anderson has been at his best in recent times. Against both Roma and Lokomotiv Moscow, the Brazilian winger was voted the ‘Man of the Match’. He will look to continue on this positive run of form against Bologna; so far in Serie A, the 28-year-old has started every match, scoring two goals and providing two assists in this period.
Statistics & Facts
- Lazio have lost only one of their last nine Serie A away matches against Bologna, keeping a clean sheet five times in the process.
- After picking up seven points in their first three Serie A games this season, Bologna have earned only one point in their last three fixtures.
- Bologna have conceded 14+ goals in their first six games of a Serie A campaign only for the third time in their history.
- Lazio have failed to score in their last two Serie A away matches played in Emilia-Romagna (2-0 losses to both Bologna and Sassuolo): they last failed to find the net in three such games in a row in 2002.
- Lazio have scored the most goals in the first half of games in Serie A this season (nine) – on the other hand, Bologna have scored only one goal in the same period.
While Mihajlovic’s position is currently under threat, Sarri’s Lazio are currently in a great run of form; they will look to take advantage of a disheartened Bologna away from home.
- Bologna 1-3 Lazio