Mattia Zaccagni was Lazio’s best performer in last night’s Europa League play-off loss to Porto.
As collected by Italian media outlet LazioNews24 earlier today, the Italian media underlined the Biancocelesti’s poor defensive performance in the 2-1 loss yesterday, with Luiz Felipe in particular being pointed to for his poor match. Zaccagni, who scored the opener, was predictably the best of the squad.
Maurizio Sarri’s side will have to bounce back ahead of the return leg, which will take place at the Stadio Olimpico on Thursday 24th February at 18:45 local time.
La Gazzetta dello Sport
- 5: Luiz Felipe, Stefan Radu;
- 5.5: Thomas Strakosha, Adam Marusic, Patric, Felipe Anderson;
- 6: Elseid Hysaj, Lucas Leiva, Danilo Cataldi, Luis Alberto;
- 6.5: Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 7: Mattia Zaccagni;
- N/A: Toma Basic, Jovane Cabral, Raul Moro.
Corriere dello Sport
- 4: Luiz Felipe;
- 5: Patric, Radu, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Marusic, Hysaj, Cataldi, Luis Alberto;
- 6: Strakosha, Leiva, Pedro, Sarri;
- 7: Zaccagni;
- N/A: Basic, Jovane, Moro.