The Italian press lauded the performances of Ciro Immobile and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic in Lazio’s 1-0 win over Venezia yesterday.
The Biancocelesti picked up three key points over the Serie A strugglers at the Stadio Olimpico last night, with Ciro Immobile’s second half penalty proving sufficient enough to secure the win. It was a positive and relaxed performance from the Roman club, who are finally gelling under Maurizio Sarri.
As collected by LazioNews24, the Italian press praised the performances of both Immobile and Milinkovic-Savic, with defender Francesco Acerbi also getting a special mention. Mattia Zaccagni was the most disappointing and his silly yellow card has now ruled him out of the upcoming Derby della Capitale.
Corriere dello Sport
- 5.5: Toma Basic, Mattia Zaccagni;
- 6: Thomas Strakosha, Patric, Manuel Lazzari, Elseid Hysaj, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson, Pedro;
- 6.5: Luiz Felipe, coach Maurizio Sarri;
- 7: Francesco Acerbi, Lucas Leiva, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Ciro Immobile.
Gazzetta dello Sport
- 5.5: Zaccagni;
- 6: Strakosha, Lazzari, Acerbi, Hysaj, Luis Alberto, Pedro;
- 6.5: Patric, Luiz Felipe, Milinkovic-Savic, Leiva, Felipe Anderson, Sarri;
- 7: Ciro Immobile;
- N/A: Basic.
- 5: Zaccagni;
- 5.5: Leiva, Luis Alberto;
- 6: Strakosha, Patric, Lazzari, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson, Pedro, Sarri;
- 6.5: Acerbi;
- 7: Luiz Felipe;
- 7.5: Immobile;
- N/A: Basic.