Alessio Romagnoli and Patric did well for Lazio in an otherwise draining goalless draw with Torino.
Neither side could break the deadlock at the Stadio Olimpico Grande Torino yesterday evening, forcing both teams to share a point after a difficult and tight affair in the evening heat.
Despite the fact that Torino had more shots on goal than Lazio, 10 to the Roman club’s seven, they lost the xG battle, putting up 0.66 to their oppositions 0.79. The home side saw slightly more of the ball and made more passes, highlighting their vague control over the clash. Ultimately, however, this control proved fruitless, leaving Ivan Juric frustrated.
Lazio’s defence were the best performers in the match, having a good game limiting Torino’s chances and keeping things level. The midfield and attack disappointed more, failing to be decisive enough in the final third.
Below are the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their 0-0 draw with Torino (via LazioNews24):
- 5: Marcos Antonio, Pedro, Basic, Vecino, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Immobile, coach Sarri;
- 5.5: Provedel, Marusic, Zaccagni;
- 6: Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic;
- 6.5: Romagnoli, Patric.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Vecino, Immobile;
- 5.5: Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Marcos Antonio, Pedro, Sarri;
- 6: Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaccagni, Basic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Marusic;
- 7: Patric, Romagnoli.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Vecino;
- 5.5: Cataldi, Felipe Anderson;
- 6: Provedel, Lazzari, Zaccagni, Marcos Antonio, Basic, Pedro, Cancellieri, Sarri;
- 6.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile, Luis Alberto;
- 7: Patric, Romagnoli, Marusic.