Maurizio Sarri’s Lazio did not disappoint in yesterday’s clash against Inter, shining as they went on to secure a 3-1 win in front of their home fans.
The Biancocelesti secured all three points against Simone Inzaghi’s Nerazzurri yesterday evening, with goals from Felipe Anderson, Luis Alberto and Pedro sending the supporters in the Stadio Olimpico wild.
After last weekend’s frustrating 0-0 draw against Torino, Sarri wanted a strong response from his Lazio squad, something they duly showed against Inter. Interestingly, the Roman club repeated their result from last season, when they also beat the Nerazzurri 3-1 at home.
Pedro was the standout player in the Roman squad and his late strike secured the victory for Lazio. Other key players included Luis Alberto and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, and the strong defensive work cannot be forgotten either.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their 3-1 win over Inter (newspapers via LazioNews24).
- 5.5: Hysaj;
- 6: Marusic, Patric, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Romagnoli, Lazzari, Vecino;
- 7: Cataldi, Luis Alberto, Immobile, coach Sarri;
- 7.5: Provdel, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 6: Marusic, Marcos Antonio, Vecino, Cancellieri;
- 6.5: Hysaj, Zaccagni;
- 7: Provedel, Lazzari, Cataldi, Immobile;
- 7.5: Patric, Romagnoli, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 6: Provedel, Hysaj, Vecino, Immobile, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Patric, Marusic, Cataldi;
- 7: Romagnoli, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 7.5: Luis Alberto, Pedro, Sarri.
- 5.5: Vecino;
- 6: Hysaj, Marusic, Cataldi, Cancellieri, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Provedel, Lazzari, Patric, Romagnoli, Immobile;
- 7: Felipe Anderson, Sarri;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 8: Luis Alberto.