Lazio were left with a bitter taste in their mouth following last night’s wasteful 1-1 draw with Sampdoria.
The Biancocelesti were in the driving seat for the majority of the match and had a 1-0 lead after an early striker from Ciro Immobile, but they failed to find a second to close out the game. Their wastefulness allowed Sampdoria’s Manolo Gabbiadini to net an injury time equaliser, frustrating Maurizio Sarri and the squad.
The Lazio midfield did not have their best game, with the exception of Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, but the defence put in a good shift, limiting the Blucerchiati’s chances. The forward line were not the most inspired, although Immobile and Mattia Zaccagni did well.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their frustrating 1-1 draw with Sampdoria.
- 5: Felipe Anderson, Basic, Marcos Antonio;
- 5.5: Patric, Cataldi, Pedro, Luis Alberto;
- 6: Marusic, Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Zaccagni, Immobile.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 4: Marusic;
- 5.5: Marcos Antonio, Basic, Pedro, Cancellieri;
- 6: Lazzari, Patric, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson, coach Sarri;
- 6.5: Romagnoli, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 7: Provedel, Immobile;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Marusic, Cancellieri;
- 5.5: Marcos Antonio, Basic;
- 6: Lazzari, Patric, Luis Alberto, Pedro, Sarri;
- 6.5: Provedel, Romagnoli, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 7: Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile.
- 5: Marusic, Patric, Luis Alberto, Basic, Cancellieri, Sarri;
- 5.5: Marcos Antonio, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 6: Lazzari, Romagnoli, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson;
- 6.5: Provedel, Immobile
- 7: Milinkovic-Savic.