Lazio bounced back from their frustrating mid-week loss to FC Midtjylland with a dominant 4-0 win over Cremonese.
The team needed to dig deep after suffering a 5-1 defeat to the Danish side at the MCH Arena last week, and they certainly responded on a warm afternoon in Cremona, allowing Maurizio Sarri and the supporters to breath a sight of relief. The Roman club can now enter the International break a little more calmly.
Goals from Ciro Immobile, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Pedro were enough to drive Lazio home with all three points, an important response after questions were starting to be asked in the Italian capital.
The entire squad had a good game and goalkeeper Ivan Provedel continued proving that he is the team’s new number one, leaving Luis Maximiano sidelined for the time being.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their enjoyable 4-0 win over Cremonese (via LazioNews24):
- 6: Casale, Romagnoli, Luis Alberto, Vecino;
- 6.5: Hysaj, Marusic, Zaccagni;
- 7: Patric, Cataldi, Pedro;
- 7.5: Provedel, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 8: Immobile.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 6: Marusic, Vecino, Luis Alberto;
- 6.5: Hysaj, Casale, Romagnoli, Zaccagni;
- 7: Provedel, Patric, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Pedro;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile, coach Sarri.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 6: Casale, Gila, Marusic, Basic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Hysaj, Romagnoli, Patric, Cataldi, Vecino, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson;
- 7: Zaccagni, Pedro, Sarri;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile.
- 6.5: Hysaj, Casale, Romagnoli, Patric, Gila, Marusic, Vecino, Luis Alberto;
- 7: Provedel, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni, Pedro, Sarri;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic;
- 8: Immobile.