The Lazio defence worked hard to ensure that the team secured at least a point in their edgy 0-0 draw with Sturm Graz.
The Roman club couldn’t break the deadlock at the Merkur Arena last night and were left frustrated after Ciro Immobile’s 80th minute strike was ruled off for offside following a VAR check. It was a difficult and edgy match in Austria and Maurizio Sarri’s side will be glad to have at least picked up something from the game.
The best on the night for Lazio was goalkeeper Ivan Provedel, whose strong performance ensured that Sturm Graz couldn’t find a winner in the match. The rest of the defence also had a good game, something that couldn’t be said for a misfiring front three.
The Austrians put in a better shift at home and will be frustrated that they failed to convert any of their 15 shots, but they’ll also be thankful that Jusuf Gazibegovic’s sending off late in the match ultimately didn’t come back to bite them.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their tight 0-0 draw with Sturm Graz.
- 5: Patric, Felipe Anderson, Immobile;
- 5.5: Marusic, Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Cancellieri, Zaccagni;
- 6: Gila, Cataldi, Luis Alberto;
- 6.5: Romagnoli, Hysaj;
- 7: Provedel.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 4.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 5: Luis Alberto, Cancellieri;
- 5.5: Marusic, Vecino, Cataldi, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6: Hysaj, Patric, Lazzari, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Provedel, Gila;
- 7: Romagnoli.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 4.5: Milinkovic-Savic;
- 5: Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Vecino, Pedro;
- 6: Hysaj, Patric, Marusic, Lazzari, Luis Alberto, Zaccagni, Immobile, Cancellieri;
- 6.5: Gila, Cataldi;
- 7: Provedel, Romagnoli.
- 5: Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni, Pedro;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Vecino, Luis Alberto, Immobile;
- 6: Gila, Romagnoli, Marusic;
- 7: Provedel.