Lazio put in a good shift against an in-form Udinese to pick up a point in a tight 0-0 draw.
The Biancocelesti wanted to put on a good show for their fans after their tough 2-2 draw with Sturm Graz last week, but they failed to breakdown Andrea Sottil’s side, who have been one of the biggest surprises of this Serie A season.
Lazio saw more of the ball but took less shots as they struggled to find a way through Udinese’s midfield and defence. Goalkeepers Ivan Provedel and Marco Silvestri both shined and were the key players for both clubs, keeping things level on a warm afternoon in Rome.
Ciro Immobile was forced off in the first half with a probable hamstring injury, concerning for Lazio, and Pedro did well filling in as a false nine.
Below are the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their equal 0-0 draw with Udinese
- 5.5: Romagnoli, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson, Immobile;
- 6: Lazzari, Cataldi, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Marusic, Casale, Vecino, Pedro;
- 7: Provedel.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5.5: Felipe Anderson, Pedro;
- 6: Lazzari, Romagnoli, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Luis Alberto, Vecino, Immobile;
- 6.5: Provedel, Casale, Zaccagni.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto;
- 6: Lazzari, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6.5: Vecino, Zaccagni;
- 7: Provedel, Casale, Romagnoli, Marusic.
- 5: Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 6: Lazzari, Luis Alberto, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6.5: Marusic, Cataldi, Vecino;
- 7: Provedel, Casale, Romagnoli, Zaccagni.