Lazio did not suffer on the pitch without their star striker Ciro Immobile, putting on a good show in their 2-0 win over Atalanta.
The Biancocelesti lost the 32-year-old Italian forward to a hamstring injury earlier this month and were left anxious heading into yesterday’s clash in Bergamo, aware that their level usually drops without the captain on the pitch.
Despite Immobile’s absence, Lazio looked strong against Gian Piero Gasperini’s Atalanta and a first half goal from Mattia Zaccagni gave the team a comfortable foundation to work from. Felipe Anderson followed that up with his own strike early in the second half, allowing the team to carefully manage the match and take home all three points.
Lazio will now be confident of picking up another good result in their mid-week clash against FC Midtjylland, a must-win game as the team look to progress to the Round of 16 of the Europa League.
Here are the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their confident 2-0 win over Atalanta
- 6: Provedel, Hysaj;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Casale, Romagnoli, Cataldi, Vecino;
- 7: Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 7.5: Zaccagni, Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 6: Hysaj, Basic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Lazzari, Casale, Romagnoli;
- 7: Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Vecino, Pedro;
- 7.5: Marusic, Zaccagni;
- 8: Felipe Anderson.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 6: Hysaj;
- 6.5: Provedel, Lazzari, Basic;
- 7: Casale, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Vecino, Pedro;
- 7.5: Romagnoli, Cataldi;
- 8: Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni.
- 6: Provedel, Hysaj, Basic;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Casale, Romagnoli, Marusic, Cataldi, Vecino;
- 7: Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni.