Lazio failed to get off the ground in their lethargic 3-1 loss to Salernitana on the weekend, with Mattia Zaccagni being a rare bright spot in the squad.
The Biancocelesti took the lead just before half time thanks to a lovely pass from Luis Alberto, which Zaccagni converted into a confident goal to make it 1-0. Unfortunately for Maurizio Sarri and his squad, they failed to show their true strengths in the second half and allowed the visiting side to pull off a quick comeback.
Goals from Antonio Candreva, Federico Fazio and Boulaye Dia secured all three points for Salernitana, leaving a tired Lazio squad to trot off the pitch with their heads held low after the full time whistle.
Zaccagni had a better game than his Lazio teammates, looking bright against Salernitana and remaining a positive force in the squad. The biggest disappointments came in defence, although the midfield was hardly more inspiring.
Below the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their 3-1 loss to Salernitana
- 4.5: Provedel, Casale;
- 5: Marusic, Romagnoli, Lazzari, Vecino, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Cataldi, Pedro, Luis Alberto;
- 6: Zaccagni.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 4.5: Vecino;
- 5: Provedel, Lazzari, Casale, Romagnoli, Marusic, Cataldi;
- 5.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Felipe Anderson;
- 6: Luis Alberto;
- 6.5: Zaccagni.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Provedel, Marusic, Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Romagnoli, Cataldi, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 6: Casale, Vecino;
- 6.5: Luis Alberto, Zaccagni.