Felipe Anderson and Mattia Zaccagni were the only bright spots for Lazio in their painful 1-0 loss to Feyenoord.
The Biancocelesti have suffered relegation to the Europa Conference League following their defeat to the Eredivisie outfit, who snuck through to the Round of 16 of the competition after edging out a win. It was a draining night at De Kuip for Maurizio Sarri and his squad, who struggled to show their best amidst a suffocating atmosphere in Rotterdam.
Santiago Gutierrez’s goal came from an incredibly poor moment of defensive instability, something that likely infuriated coach Maurizio Sarri, and Ivan Provedel in particular made a poor error, gifting the Mexican the goal.
Lazio struggled to look incisive going forward and failed to take advantage of their possession, allowing Feyenoord to absorb the pressure.
Sarri’s side will now have to regroup ahead of the upcoming Derby della Capitale against Roma.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their devastating 1-0 loss to Feyenoord
- 4: Provedel, Luka Romero;
- 4.5: Milinkovic-Savic;
- 5: Hysaj, Casale, Marusic, Basic, Vecino, Pedro;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Patric, Marcos Antonio, Cataldi, Cancellieri, Zaccagni;
- 6: Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport
- 4: Luka Romero;
- 5: Provedel, Lazzari, Marusic, Patric, Hysaj, Vecino;
- 5.5: Casale, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Basic, Cancellieri, Pedro;
- 6: Marcos Antonio, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni.
Corriere dello Sport
- 3: Luka Romero;
- 4: Cancellieri;
- 4.5: Provedel, Marusic;
- 5: Lazzari, Patric, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Marcos Antonio, Cataldi, Basic, Vecino, Felipe Anderson, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 5.5: Casale.