Lazio rose to the task in their tense Derby della Capitale clash against Roma, edging out a tight 1-0 win.
The Biancocelesti were forced to face their bitter rivals without key figures Ciro Immobile and Sergej Milinkovic-Savic, setting up a tense affair for Maurizio Sarri and his squad. Recent disappointing results, like the losses to Salernitana or Feyenoord, had dampened the mood in Formello and the derby looked even more fateful than usual.
Lazio bounced back from their recent slip with a strong performance against Roma, securing all three points after Felipe Anderson’s first half winner. Pedro did well to close down his former teammates as they tried to build up from the back and his interception was met by the Brazilian winger, who poked the ball past Rui Patricio.
The entire Lazio squad had a good game against the Giallorossi and some of their best performers included Danilo Cataldi, Felipe Anderson and Nicolo Casale.
Below is the Lazio squad’s player ratings for the derby win over Roma
- 5.5: Hysaj, Basic, Luis Alberto, Cancellieri;
- 6: Pedro, Zaccagni, Marusic;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Casale, Vecino;
- 7: Provedel, Romagnoli, Felipe Anderson;
- 7.5: Cataldi.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5.5: Luis Alberto;
- 6: Lazzari, Hysaj, Vecino, Basic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Casale, Romagnoli, Marusic, Cataldi, Pedro, Cancellieri, Zaccagni;
- 7: Felipe Anderson.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 6.5: Hysaj, Vecino, Luis Albereto, Basic, Cancellieri, Romero;
- 7: Provedel, Lazzari, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 7.5: Casale, Romagnoli, Marusic, Cataldi;
- 8: Felipe Anderson.