Luka Romero scored his debut goal for Lazio to help secure all three points in a 1-0 win over Monza.
The Biancocelesti were looking to follow up the momentum gathered from their Derby della Capitale win with a focused and confident outing against Raffaele Palladino’s squad. Although they looked a little tired, Lazio performed well at the Stadio Olimpico and deserved the win.
Romero proved the difference maker on the pitch and netted the winner in the 69th minute, taking advantage of Pedro’s parried shot to score his debut Serie A goal. Lazio’s defence also performed well and ensured that goalkeeper Ivan Provedel kept yet another clean sheet, his ninth in the league this campaign.
Although the defence were solid, the Biancocelesti midfield struggled to show their best against Monza, looking lethargic and failing to put their opposition under too much pressure.
Below are the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their 1-0 win over Monza
- 5.5: Marusic, Vecino, Marcos Antonio, Cataldi, Basic, Cancellieri;
- 6: Hysaj, Casale, Felipe Anderson, Luka Romero, Pedro;
- 6.5: Provedel, Romagnoli, Milinkovic-Savic.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Hysaj;
- 5.5: Marcos Antonio, Cancellieri;
- 6: Provedel, Lazzari, Casale, Milinkovic-Savic, Vecino, Basic;
- 6.5: Marusic, Cataldi, Felipe Anderson;
- 7: Luka Romero, Pedro.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Marcos Antonio, Vecino, Cancellieri;
- 6: Provedel, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 6.5: Casale, Cataldi, Basic, Felipe Anderson;
- 7: Romagnoli;
- 7.5: Luka Romero.