Lazio dropped points to Empoli in a painfully bitter fashion, conceding two late goals to the travelling Tuscans.
The Biancocelesti had put on a solid performance before the 80th minute, going 2-0 up thanks to goals from Felipe Anderson and Mattia Zaccagni, but things quickly changed after Francesco Caputo clawed one back for the away side in the 83rd minute.
Empoli took advantage of a counter-attack in the dying seconds of the match to draw things level, snatching a point at the last gasp to break Lazio hearts. It was another disappointing result for Maurizio Sarri and his squad, who are still looking for their first win of 2023.
Lazio’s best performer on the day was winger Felipe Anderson, who put the team ahead and looked relatively dangerous throughout going forward. The most disappointing performances came from the defence, who hardly resemble the solid unit seen in the first half of the season.
Below are the Lazio squad’s player ratings for their 2-2 draw with Empoli.
- 4: Provedel, Pedro;
- 4.5: Hysaj, Casale;
- 5: Romagnoli, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Vecino, Immobile;
- 5.5: Marusic, Lazzari;
- 6: Luis Alberto, Zaccagni, Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5.5: Provedel, Hysaj, Casale, Romagnoli, Vecino, Pedro;
- 6: Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 7: Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Hysaj, Vecino, Pedro;
- 5.5: Provedel, Lazzari, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile;
- 6: Romagnoli, Luis Alberto;
- 6.5: Casale, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 7: Felipe Anderson.