None of the Lazio squad had a particularly inspiring match in their Coppa Italia quarter-final loss to Juventus, looking out of shape on a chilly Turin night.
The Biancocelesti looked the better of the two sides in the cup clash but couldn’t managed to find the right way through the Bianconeri’s defence, allowing them to progress to the semi-finals unscathed after a long 90 minutes at the Allianz Stadium.
Juventus found a breakthrough just before the half time break, when a Filip Kostic cross was met by a leaping Gleison Bremer, whose header easily beat an out-of-position Luis Maximiano. It was a disappointing moment for the Portuguese shot stopper, who did little to show why he should be starting over the ever-consistent Ivan Provedel.
None of Maurizio Sarri’s substitutes made an impression in the clash and it was a frustrating second half for the away side, who know need to return focus to the fight for a top four finish.
Lazio squad player ratings for the 1-0 loss to Juventus
- 4.5: Maximiano, Pedro, Casale;
- 5: Romagnoli, Vecino, Basic, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Patric, Marusic, Luis Alberto, Marcos Antonio;
- 6: Cataldi, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 4.5: Maximiano;
- 5: Lazzari, Vecino, Felipe Anderson, Pedro, Immobile;
- 5.5: Patric, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Marcos Antonio, Luis Alberto, Basic;
- 6: Romagnoli, Marusic, Zaccagni.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Maximiano, Patric, Vecino, Immobile;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 6: Romagnoli, Cataldi, Marcos Antonio, Felipe Anderson;
- 6.5: Luis Alberto, Basic.