Lazio displayed the frustrations of their inconsistency in their clash with Hellas Verona, being held to a 1-1 draw despite dictating the pace of play.
The Biancocelesti were in control for the majority of the match, dominating possession and completing more than double the passes of the Gialloblu.
Maurizio Sarri’s side took the lead just before the half time break following a moment of magic from Pedro, but it wasn’t enough to secure all three points as a Cyril Ngonge header found it’s way into Ivan Provedel’s net.
Whilst a number of the Lazio players put on relatively good performances against Hellas Verona, it still wasn’t enough to guide them to victory, giving Sarri a frustrating problem to resolve as the team look to compete for a top four finish.
Adam Marusic stood out in Veneto, quietly impressing both offensively and defensively in the right back role. The underappreciated Montenegrin completed 60 passes, created one chance, played 11 passes into the final third, won all three of his tackles and made three clearances.
Luis Alberto had a miserable evening, playing just 35 passes, winning just one duel out of six and creating no chances.
Lazio squad player ratings for the 1-1 draw with Hellas Verona
- 5: Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Casale, Romagnoli, Vecino, Immobile;
- 6: Hysaj, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Provedel, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro;
- 7: Marusic.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Casale, Hysaj, Luis Alberto, Immobile;
- 5.5: Marusic, Cataldi;
- 6: Romagnoli, Milinkovic-Savic, Vecino, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 7: Provedel.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Casale, Luis Alberto, Immobile, Felipe Anderson;
- 5.5: Romagnoli, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Cataldi, Vecino, Zaccagni;
- 6: Marusic, Pedro;
- 7.5: Provedel.