A lethargic looking Lazio failed to show why they deserve a Champions League spot in a tired draw away to Bologna.
The Biancocelesti were clearly off the mark in Emilia-Romagna and struggled to match the intensity put on display by the home side, leaving them to escape with just a point after a long 94-minute clash.
It was a frustrating result for Lazio, who cannot afford to slow down as they look to stay in the hotly contested top four race, which is continuing to prove tense as the season starts to enter its final stages.
Ivan Provedel, Matias Vecino and Mattia Zaccagni all put in a good shift at the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara, but a number of their teammates failed to show their best against Bologna, leaving Lazio in a tough spot.
The Biancocelesti will be expecting a strong response in their next game away to AZ Alkmaar, a must win match after their 2-1 loss in the first leg.
Lazio player ratings for their 0-0 draw with Bologna
- 5: Basic, Luis Alberto, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Cancellieri;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Casale, Romagnoli, Hysaj, Felipe Anderson;
- 6: Provedel, Vecino, Zaccagni.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Lazzari, Milinkovic-Savic;
- 5.5: Casale, Vecino;
- 6: Hysaj, Luis Alberto, Basic, Pedro, Cancellieri, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Provedel, Romagnoli.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Milinkovic-Savic;
- 5.5: Lazzari, Pedro;
- 6: Hysaj, Basic, Felipe Anderson;
- 6.5: Provedel, Romagnoli, Vecino, Zaccagni;
- 7: Casale.