The Bianconeri came into the match aware that a strong result was needed to take advantage of the two Milanese club’s draws on Friday, and they did not disappoint in a packed Stadio Olimpico, working hard to grind out a vital three points.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic put Lazio ahead in the first half with his calm strike from a few yards out, perfectly collecting a well-placed cross from Mattia Zaccagni. The advantage was short-lived, however, as Adrien Rabiot managed to bundle in an equaliser minutes later, leaving things all square at the half-time break.
In the second half, a great run from Felipe Anderson allowed him to drill a pass to Luis Alberto, who played an incredible backheel to a waiting Zaccagni, who in turn slotted the ball past Wojciech Szczesny, putting the Biancocelesti back in front. Maurizio Sarri’s side held onto their lead, securing a key 2-1 win over Juventus.
Lazio player ratings for their 2-1 win over Juventus
- 6: Provedel, Marusic, Cataldi, Vecino, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6.5: Romagnoli, Casale;
- 7: Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Felipe Anderson;
- 7.5: Luis Alberto, Zaccagni.
La Gazzetta dello Sport
- 6: Casale, Vecino, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6.5: Provedel, Marusic, Romagnoli, Hysaj, Cataldi;
- 7: Felipe Anderson;
- 7.5: Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto, Zaccagni.
Corriere dello Sport
- 5.5: Vecino;
- 6: Hysaj, Pedro, Basic;
- 6.5: Provedel, Casale, Cataldi, Immobile;
- 7: Romagnoli, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson;
- 7.5: Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaccagni.