Maurizio Sarri’s Lazio put on a confident and focused performance in their collected 3-0 win over Spezia.
The Biancocelesti have stumbled against provincial sides on a number of occasions this season, like in their 2-1 loss to Lecce back in January, but they did not let their position in the top four race distract them as they travelled to La Spezia.
Ciro Immobile opened the scoring for Lazio after 36 minutes, confidently putting away a penalty following an Ethan Ampadu foul on Felipe Anderson. The Brazilian winger doubled the Roman outfit’s lead in the 52nd minute after finishing an electric attacking move, allowing the team to start managing their energy for the remainder of the second half.
Marcos Antonio finished proceedings in the 89th minute, running down the midfield and past Bartlomiej Dragowski before slotting the ball in the back of the net, picking up Lazio’s third and confirming their victory in Liguria.
Lazio player ratings for their 3-0 win over Spezia
- 6: Pedro, Patric, Romagnoli, Hysaj, Cataldi;
- 6.5: Provedel, Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto, Immobile;
- 7: Marcos Antonio, Zaccagni;
- 7.5: Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 6: Patric, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6.5: Provedel, Marusic, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Marcos Antonio;
- 7: Romagnoli, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 7.5: Cataldi.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 6: Pedro;
- 6.5: Provedel, Patric, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Marcos Antonio, Zaccagni;
- 7: Marusic, Romagnoli, Luis Alberto;
- 7.5: Cataldi;
- 8: Felipe Anderson.