Lazio were left heartbroken after a late flurry by Inter allowed them to steal all three points in a tense 3-1 affair at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
The Biancocelesti went ahead after just 30 minutes thanks to Felipe Anderson, who perfectly finished off a quick move to give his team a vital advantage.
The Nerazzurri continued to push for an equaliser after this and eventually netted three goals in 13 minutes in the closing stages of the match to snatch all three points, leaving Lazio empty-handed and heartbroken after a tiring 90-minute affair.
There were only a few bright spots for Lazio in the match, with players like Ivan Provedel, Felipe Anderson and Luis Alberto putting in a good shift despite the result.
Maurizio Sarri and his players will now have to bounce back quickly, facing Sassuolo in their next outing on 3rd May.
Lazio player ratings for their 3-1 loss to Inter
- 4.5: Marusic, Casale, Romagnoli, Vecino;
- 5: Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile, Pedro;
- 5.5: Provedel, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 6: Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Marusic, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Vecino;
- 5.5: Pedro;
- 6: Romagnoli, Cataldi, Immobile, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Provedel, Casale, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 4: Vecino;
- 4.5: Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic;
- 5: Hysaj;
- 5.5: Romagnoli, Immobile, Pedro;
- 6: Casale, Cataldi, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Luis Alberto;
- 7: Provedel, Felipe Anderson.