Lazio found the right formula to return to winning ways with a calm and impressive showing in their 2-0 win over Sassuolo.
The Biancocelesti immediately hit the ground running at the Stadio Olimpico and thought they’d taken the lead after seven minutes thanks to Ciro Immobile, only for a VAR check to rule the goal out for an offside by the captain in the build-up.
Luckily for Lazio, it didn’t take them long to put themselves ahead, with Felipe Anderson pulling off a classy finish after a lovely floated pass from Marcos Antonio, a moment that showed why the young Brazilian is such an exciting and talented midfielder.
Sassuolo worked hard to try and find an equaliser across the match but a strong defence and good goalkeeping from Ivan Provedel denied the away side, allowing the Biancocelesti to close out the win with a late goal from Toma Basic, confirming their three points.
Lazio player ratings for their 2-0 win over Sassuolo
- 5.5: Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Immobile;
- 6: Marusic, Patric, Luis Alberto, Vecino;
- 6.5: Provedel, Casale, Lazzari;
- 7: Marcos Antonio, Zaccagni, Felipe Anderson.
La Gazzetta dello Sport
- 5.5: Vecino;
- 6: Marusic, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile;
- 6.5: Provedel, Lazzari, Casale, Patric, Hysaj, Marcos Antonio, Basic, Luis Alberto, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 7: Felipe Anderson.
Corriere dello Sport
- 6: Marusic, Hysaj, Milinkovic-Savic, Immobile, Pedro, Zaccagni;
- 6.5: Lazzari, Vecino, Luis Alberto;
- 7: Provedel, Casale, Patric, Marcos Antonio, Basic;
- 7.5: Felipe Anderson.