Lazio were not up to their usual standards in their Serie A clash with Lecce, allowing the Puglian side to almost steal a win at the Stadio Olimpico.
Expectations were high for the Biancocelesti heading into the match, with the top four race looking increasingly tense as this season starts to draw to a close. The team had lost three of their last four Serie A games prior to the match with Lecce, putting the pressure on them to return to winning ways.
Unfortunately for Maurizio Sarri and Lazio, things did not go to plan against Lecce, despite Ciro Immobile’s opening goal. Remi Oudin scored twice for the away side, one just before half time and the other only minutes after the break, leaving the Biancocelesti on the back foot.
Sergej Milinkovic-Savic managed to salvage a point for Lazio with his late equaliser, but it was still a majorly disappointing and concerning result for Sarri’s side, who could now slip down to fourth in the Serie A table, depending on Inter’s result against Sassuolo.
Lazio player ratings for the 2-2 draw with Lecce
- 4.5: Provedel, Hysaj;
- 5: Romagnoli, Casale, Lazzari, Marcos Antonio;
- 5.5: Pellegrini, Basic, Felipe Anderson, Pedro;
- 6: Luis Alberto, Milinkovic-Savic, Zaccagni, Immobile.
La Gazzetta dello Sport:
- 5: Hysaj, Marcos Antonio;
- 5.5: Casale, Romagnoli, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 6: Provedel, Lazzari, Basic;
- 6.5: Pellegrini, Milinkovic-Savic, Luis Alberto, Pedro, Immobile.
Corriere dello Sport:
- 5: Lazzari, Hysaj, Marcos Antonio, Luis Alberto, Felipe Anderson, Zaccagni;
- 5.5: Casale, Basic;
- 6: Provedel, Romagnoli, Pellegrini, Milinkovic-Savic, Pedro, Immobile.