Manuel Lazzari

Home Forums Transfer Market Manuel Lazzari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Klose 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Steven Moore
    Keymaster

According to reports, we’re getting close to signing Spal wing-back, Manuel Lazzari. Gianluca Di Marzio states that there will be a meeting this weekend to finalize the deal.

Manuel Lazzari: Inzaghi set on bringing SPAL wing-back to Lazio

Is he the right signing to improve the right flank? Are we ok with allowing Alessandro Murgia to move on?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Steven Moore.

Razdiba
    Participant

Oh man, don’t let Murgia leave, at least on-loan, that lad’s promising. I’ve read the statistics of Lazzari on Twitter, and totally surprised. Marusic still worries me at times.

Fabi G.
    Participant

would be a great signing and seems like done deal.
    i would not mind letting murgia go, for this deal.

Klose
    Participant

Perfect fit for 3-5-2 and clear upgrade over Marusic. Lazzari can run past opponents and put in a decent cross. He has a great feeling for floating the ball to a striker in between two defenders, but also has the vision to square it for advancing midfielders. That’s why he has so many assists. Marusic is basically useless when it comes to crossing and vision for the square pass.

I would’ve sold Marusic and picked up Romulo’s cheap option. As 2nd choice behind Lazzari I’m okay with Marusic though.

As for Murgia, he is a sacrifice I’m willing to pay for the upgrade we get with Lazzari on the right flank. Murgia was behind Cataldi in our pecking order and wouldn’t have contributed much, if anything at all. There could be a buy-back option in case Murgia breaks out. I think Murgia is a decent player but quite honestly I don’t see any special traits. Cataldi is stronger physically, has a more powerful shot and is the more advanced passer.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Klose.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.